I finally decided to put all my cakes in one place so I created this blog--mostly for me to record my fondant cake decorating journey.

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Zebra and Pink=LOVE!

Just had to post a few pictures of the cake and cupcakes I made for a friend's little girl today!

I don't normally cover cakes in buttercream, because it takes FOREVER to make smooth and it never gets perfect, but I did it because fondant doesn't smash too well for that little one year old!! (Fondant is definitely my favorite).


Loved the little penant banner!


I wasn't perfect on figuring the time it took me, but I know it was at least 7 hours (not all at once--I did some things ahead of time). These things take a long time, but once it's all done (and if I am happy with the result) it makes it all worth it! I guess it's my creative outlet these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment