I finally decided to put all my cakes in one place so I created this blog--mostly for me to record my fondant cake decorating journey.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Flower Cupcakes

A few weeks ago some friends of ours invited us to a cupcake party!!  It was a blast!  The goal was to make your tastiest and best looking cupcake and all the guests at the party would then vote.  We had a great time!  Oh and these babies got me first place for looks!













Thanks to my newest cake decorating tool, this handy daisy cutter, I was able to bust these babies out quite fast.  It was the baking of the cupcakes, the making of the frosting, all the clean up that makes the whole process quite long!
Since these are the cupcakes I am making for my niece's baptism in a couple of weeks, I thought it would be perfect to get a little practice in!



Then a couple days later, a girl who was in attendance at the cupcake party asked if I would make these for an activity our church was having!  I of course couldn't decline and took the opportunity to get some more practice in!  Let me tell you, I am getting good at cuttin' those little flowers out!  





I was so mad I forgot to get a picture with them all displayed on the cake stand.  Grrrrr....I will definitely remember to do that next time I make them!  

Still lovin' this!  People are now asking me if I am going to start up a business.  Hmmmmm...still very unsure if I want to take that route with my new found hobby, but the thought is definitely there.

No comments:

Post a Comment