I finally decided to put all my cakes in one place so I created this blog--mostly for me to record my fondant cake decorating journey.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Laney's First Birthday Cake

Okay this one I cannot take all the credit for--, but it was so darn cute I just have to add this one on here. My friend Kim and I did this together--she taught me a lot about coloring fondant and cutting out shapes--she is amazingly creative and just one of those people that are good at whatever they do even if they've never done it before. A friend wanted us to replicate this adorable owl cake as best we could. Isn't that darling as all get out!


So we came up with this one instead. The actual cake was not fondant (doesn't make for a very entertaining one year old getting into her cake). Those little owls took FOREVER to do--they were so detailed and each cut out free hand (using a little stencil owl).


Turned out to be the most adorable cake and still my favororite to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment